After a year of a world pandemic everyone seems to be hurting financially but this doesn’t mean you can’t do anything with your family! The summer is a great time for the kids to experience nature – being in the great outdoors is so good for the growing brain, not to mention for great mental health.
Inexpensive Family Fun Ideas:
Are you vaccinated or partially vaccinated? If you live in the state of NJ you can get into all state parks in NJ for FREE. Here is the link: https://www.nj.gov/dep/vaxandvisit/ Just make sure you travel with your vaccination card and drivers license.
- Pack lunches and explore the state parks in your area – especially if you have any near the beach! Some have lakes and some have the ocean! My favorite State Park in NJ is Island Beach by Seaside!
- High Point State Park has plenty of picnic tables as well as a fantastic lake with beach.
DOWNLOAD THE ALL TRAILS APP
- Research a “Waterfront Park” in your area for a beautiful water view for a family picnic and walk
REASEARCH YOUR LOCAL ARBORETUMS AND BOTANICALS GARDEN
- Some have a picnic table for enjoying the weather while enjoying an inexpensive lunch with your family.
- Right now the Laurelwood Arboretum in Wayne, NJ has sculptures along the path!
ONCE A WEEK, TRAVEL TO AN ICE CREAM PALOR/ DAIRY CREAMERY THAT YOU HAVE NEVER VISITED BEFORE!
- Because who doesn’t like ice cream???!
RESEARCH AND TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT BOOK SHOPS AND COMIC BOOK SHOPS
How are you spending time with your family this summer? I would love to hear your ideas!
- LEGOLAND NY Brick-or-Treat Event!
- Frank Sinatra Waterfront Park in Hoboken NJ
- How to Squeeze in a Last-Minute Getaway Before Summer ENDS On a Budget!
- LEGO NINJAGO CITY GARDENS
- Chef Mickey’s All-You-Can-Eat FAMILY STYLE COST