Top Travel Tip Alert!
Ship yourself a box of “extras” when FLYING to Disney World to reduce luggage and luggage weight.
Ship extra items to resist making your luggage overweight or having to carry more….
The first time we took our children to Disney World our oldest had just turned 5 and our youngest was only 2 years old. So we decided to ship ourselves diapers, swim diapers, wipes and other baby needs as an alternative to packing inside the luggage, and with all the latest airline rules and regulations it really made things much simpler.
Any Disney World Resort will take packages up to 2 weeks prior to your check in date.
How to address your packages for shipment.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- *Hold for: John Smith
- Check in date: December 4, 2017
- Confirmation Vacation Package Number: A52656521313
- 1850 Animation Way, Orlando
- FL, 32830
A few things I sometimes like to ship to myself when I fly to Disney World:
- Water/Drinks (capri suns / gatorade)
- Shampoo / Conditioner (small sample size in drug store plastic bottles)
- Vitamins / Probiotics
- Hand Sanitizer and Hand Sanitizing Wipes – LOTS of these! I like to wipe off after every ride!
- Dollar Store Hamper (to throw away before we check out)
- Paper Towel
- Garbage Bags / Plastic Bags
- Any surprises for the kids
- Dollar Store Umbrellas
- Extra Ponchos
- Laundry Soaps and fabric softner
- Travel Size Wrinkle Releaser
- Extra Hangers that can be thrown away
- Small Flash Lights
- Dollar Store Glow Sticks
- Mini Neck Fans
- Spray Fans (fill them up with ice before you head to a park for ultimate coolness)
- Paper Cups
I normally like to take a box and start preparing months before the trip. As I go along and think “Oh this could go in the box to be shipped” and throw it in the box. Then about 2 weeks prior to check in, I fix up the box – pack it properly and ship it off with no sweat!
Just make sure you don’t pack to much to bring back home with you and what you do pack make sure its small enough to use it up before your trip home!
What other travel questions do you have?
Post a comment below!